1. What is a Public Online Lottery?
Ans: Public online lottery is any lottery or other games of chances which include lotteries played on-line, digital, electronics, telephone and other technology based lotteries that are open to members of the public and is not restricted to membership of any society, religious group, association or social group.
2. What are the requirements to apply for a public on-line lottery licence?
Ans: See “Requirement for Public Online Lottery Licence in Lagos State” on our web page.
3. Where can I apply for a Licence?
Ans: Application for lottery licence should be directed to:
Lagos State Lotteries Board
Irorun Plaza (5th floor),65 Kudirat Abiola way Oregun,
Ikeja - Lagos.
4. How many public on-line lottery operators are in Lagos?
Ans: Currently, there are 4(four) licenced public on-line lottery operators in Lagos State. See “Licencee”
5. How can I identify a licenced public on-line operator?
Ans: See “Licencees”.
6. What is the duration of a Public On-line Licence?
Ans: A public online lottery licence is valid for 5 years and renewable.
7. Does the Board register lottery agents?
Ans: Yes. Lottery operators are required to submit a comprehensive list of lottery agents and outlets.
8. How can I become a lottery agent?
Ans: Contact the Lotteries Board’s licenced operators through their contact addresses as provided on our webpage.
9. What types of public on line lottery games are played in Lagos?
Ans: Each operator determines the type and number of games played daily. The most popular games are the 5/90, 6/49, Jackpot, Mack 2, Bonanza, Mid week special, Monday Special, National and so on.
10. How will I know the winning numbers?
Ans: Winning numbers are published at all lottery agents outlets, in some newspapers and at the lottery operator’s office.
11. How can I claim my winnings?
Ans: Winnings can be claimed at the location where the lottery ticket was obtained, from the lottery agent, at any of the operator’s outlets or head office.
12. What type of licence(s) does the Lotteries Board grant?
Ans: Public Online Lottery, Other lotteries (Promotional Competitions), Online Sports Betting, and Scratch cards & Interactive Games
13. What is the revenue on lottery used for?
Ans: The revenue generated by the Board is distributed to the following ‘good causes’ objectives in Lagos State.
• social and health
14. What is ‘Other Lotteries’?
Ans: Other Lotteries includes private lotteries, charitable lotteries, society and promotional competition. This involves the payment, or delivery of any money goods, article, matter or thing, including any ticket, coupon or entry form, for the right to compete in a lottery
15. What are the requirements to apply for Promotional Competitions (Promos)?
Ans: See “Guidelines for Promotional Competition”
16. What is the duration for an ‘Other Lotteries’ Licence?
Ans: 1 year (12 months)
17. Does the Board regulate Interactive Games & Scratch Cards?
Ans: Yes. See “Scratch card and Interactive games”.
18. If Yes, what is the definition of Interactive & Scratch card
Ans: Interactive games are games/ lottery that involve interaction with a user interface to generate visual feedback on a device.
Scratch cards are the simplest of all the lottery games. Scratch Cards are a small token, usually made of cardboard, where one or more areas contain concealed prizes. Scratch cards involve matching symbols, pictures or words, or are adaptations of popular (card-) games like Blackjack, Poker or Monopoly.
19. What is On-line Sports Betting?
Ans: Sports’ betting is the activity of predicting sports results and placing a bet on the outcome. With the advent of the World Wide Web sports betting now has an online presence-predictions and wagers can be placed using the Web, SMS or Telecommunication.
20. What is the duration for obtaining a licence?
Ans: The Board requires a minimum of 2 weeks to conduct a due diligence exercise on every application received. If the documents submitted are accurate and comprehensive enough, the applicant will be invited to make a presentation to the Board by the 3rd week of submission.
21. Is granting of licence immediate after fulfilling all requirements?
22. Does the Lotteries Board regulate Pool betting?
Ans: No. the Board regulates online sports betting.