The Lotteries Law creates allowance for individuals and corporate bodies to benefit from the distribution trust fund by making application for grants.
Grants are allocated to applicants for utilization in the following areas- Infrastructural, Educational, Environmental, Social and Health.
The Board also directly awards grants to individuals and organisations engaging in projects aimed at general the development of Lagos state.
Applicants for grants must meet the following requirements:
• The objective of the grant must be non-profit by nature.
• The project to be executed must be in Lagos State.
• The project must be in the interest and to the benefit of Lagosians.
• Must be connected to any of the 4 objectives outlined or be classed as good causes objective.
Consideration will also be given to:
1. The general development of the State with specific reference to the financial, social and moral interests of Lagos and the enhancement of the living standards of people in the state
2. Local interest, including-
• The number of lottery tickets sold in each local government
• The population of each local government
• The social requirement of each local government.
Any individual or company meeting the requirements may in the prescribed form apply to the distributing agency for funding.
The distribution agency will exercise fairness and equity in allocating the funds amongst all persons who meet the prescribed requirements.